Independent Living in Pikesville, MD
Amplify the Opportunities of Every Day
North Oaks residents want to seize the opportunities that retirement affords. A move to independent living supplies the thoughtful amenities, convenient services and peace of mind that allow them to pursue their interests with ease.
Every detail of the community has been specially designed to create an excellent experience for our residents. Dining options are delicious, healthful and varied. Wellness solutions serve your body and spirit. And interesting friends can be found around every corner. Supporting their explorations, our independent living residents enjoy the confidence of living at a Life Plan Community with a full continuum of care. They know if their health needs change, they have a thoughtful team of experts right here on-site.
Life at North Oaks means you’re connected to the best that Pikesville, MD, offers. Our community maintains close relationships with The Pikesville Chamber of Commerce, The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore, and the Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore. The campus is close to local places of worship as well as the Rosenbloom Owings Mills Jewish Community Center. Just 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore and one hour from Washington, D.C., all the culture and resources you could want are close by.
“Look at other communities so you know what you’re getting. I think you’ll end up here.”
— Edith Sherr, resident
- A convenient fitness center_
- Access to fitness instructors from the National Institute for Fitness and Sport
- Healthy, nutritious meals prepared by our talented culinary team
- Scheduled transportation services
- 24/7 response by a licensed nurse for medical emergencies
- A wide array of intellectually stimulating and socially engaging opportunities both on-site and in the Pikesville, MD, and Baltimore area, designed to contribute to residents’ overall happiness and well-being
- Social, recreational and cultural activities are planned around resident preferences.
- Family traditions and cultural histories are shared among residents.
- Residents help shape the lifestyle of the community by recommending the programs and offerings.
- Residents have a choice of when and where they dine with flexible dining programs.
- Housekeeping services are provided weekly, according to the resident’s preferences.
- Exceptional, detailed maintenance is provided throughout the community and in each residence.
- Full concierge services, scheduled transportation and valet parking are provided.
And when the day’s adventures are complete, or whenever residents need a quiet hour, their own comfortable and personalized senior apartments provide the ease and tranquility they need to recharge and refuel.
To find out more about the advantages of independent living in Pikesville, MD, complete the contact form on this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is independent living?
Independent living gives active older adults an opportunity to enjoy their current lifestyles without the burden of home maintenance. At North Oaks, independent living residents enjoy a worry-free and rewarding lifestyle in maintenance-free apartment homes with a wide variety of services, amenities and like-minded friends.
Is now the right time to move to North Oaks?
Many of our current residents asked the same question. Today, they’ll tell you, “I wish I’d made this move sooner.” Why not start building new friendships and enjoying the freedom of maintenance-free living, life-enriching activities, amenities and services?
What services are included in the monthly fee?
The monthly fee includes valet, concierge services, weekly housekeeping with linen and towel service, preventative maintenance, utilities (water, gas, electric, basic phone and basic cable), choice of several meal plan options, and access to common areas, arts-and-crafts room, and fitness center. Our amenities also include complimentary access to the Villages at Woodholme fitness center, putting green, tennis courts, outdoor swimming pool, and community center.
Can I bring my own furniture?
Absolutely. Your apartment is your home. Bring furniture and belongings you treasure. Or start fresh with new pieces you’ve been waiting to enjoy.
Can my grandchildren, family and friends visit?
Your guests are always welcome in your home and more than welcome to enjoy recreational facilities, dining venues, amenities and activities with you while visiting. You can reserve and rent guest rooms for family and friends.
May I bring my car?
Most people who drive do, but because the community offers transportation, a car isn’t a necessity. Many couples choose to keep one car instead of two, but that choice is entirely yours.