As a senior today, you belong to the first generation to have multiple options for retirement living. If your children or another loved one is assisting you with making the decision to live at North Oaks, it’s important for all of you to understand every option. North Oaks offers a commitment to your well-being and independence as well as an assurance of health care, if ever needed. That benefits everyone in the family.
We’re here to provide you with the facts to help get you started. Below are answers to some of your most important questions.
If you or a loved one is considering living at North Oaks, now is the time to lay the groundwork for the future. Don’t wait for a health crisis to dictate where and how you or your loved one will live. You’ve already begun the process just by researching online, and your next step is to contact us to receive more information. We’ll send you valuable materials for starting the conversation and introduce you to a lifestyle that could help you or the important senior in your life live happier, healthier—and longer. “Check out whereyoulivematters.com for additional unbiased, research-based resources to help you make smart, confident decisions.” http://www.whereyoulivematters.com/
Still have more questions before we make the introduction? Browse our site and request a guide to learn more.
You’ve probably heard the term Life Plan Community, but what does it mean? Life Plan Communities. formerly known as CCRCs, provide residential living for today’s independent, active seniors and most offer some type of on-site health care for the future.
What exactly is provided, along with the terms and conditions for accessing care, differ depending on the type of community. These communities are now referred to as “Life Plan Communities” since a greater number of seniors recognize the value of securing future care while seeking access to an active lifestyle. That active lifestyle includes services and social, educational, cultural, and fitness opportunities that can maintain and enhance a person’s health to help minimize the need for future care. Less emphasis on “care” and more emphasis on “living” is the reason the name of this category of retirement community is changing.
Here’s a snapshot of the benefits offered by a LifeCare® (Type A) Life Plan Community such as North Oaks—the most complete in terms of continuum of care with the highest financial risk mitigation benefit:
- Health center services
- Full continuum of care at a quality, on-site health center in a private or semi-private suite
- Initial cost may be perceived as higher, but only a Type A community like North Oaks mitigates the risk of paying for long-term care at market rate, with the confidence of a Return-of-Capital® Plan financial plan
- Part of the monthly fee may qualify as a medical expense tax deduction
- Amenities, dining, services, and maintenance-free living included
A Life Plan Community (Type B) offers a modified plan:
- Covers specified long-term health services at a discounted rate or a specified number of “free days”
- Included health services are set over a period of time without a substantial increase in the monthly fee
- Amenities, dining, services, and maintenance-free living included
Here’s what Fee-for-Service (Type C) Life Plan Communities offer:
- Financial flexibility with initially lower costs and out-of-pocket health care only as needed, typically at the market rate
- Health services not covered in either the entry fee or monthly fee; residents pay market rates for comprehensive (skilled nursing) care and assisted living
- Typically allow outside admissions directly into the health center for short-term rehab, long-term assisted living, and skilled care
- Amenities and dining are included; some services may be offered at an additional charge
To familiarize yourself with more terminology, visit our Terms.
North Oaks is managed by Life Care Services®, a leader in all aspects of senior living, specializing in managing communities like North Oaks for over four decades. Through our numerous years of experience, we know the word security means different things to different people. For some, it’s feeling physically safe in their environment. For others, it’s knowing friends are nearby. Sometimes it’s the relief and confidence of having a solid financial plan for the future—a plan that includes quality health care. Like all of our communities, North Oaks is designed to make you feel secure in every way. That includes a safe, tight-knit community that offers many opportunities to form deep and lasting friendships. It also includes our LifeCare® program that allows you to customize your living accommodations and transfer to the appropriate level of care—such as assisted living or skilled nursing—at virtually no additional cost, providing you a feeling of financial security and peace of mind about future care.
When choosing a senior living community, it’s critical to find out who owns and manages the community and to consider their reputation. North Oaks is owned by the North Oaks Partnership, of which Life Care Services is the key member, and is managed by Life Care Services®, An LCS® Company. Life Care Services leads the way in senior living with over 40 years of proven experience. This innovative leadership brings passion and performance through strong financial stewardship and lifestyle-centered services as well as high-quality health services in communities as unique as the individuals who live in them.
The best senior living value combines a package of services and amenities with access to health care and assisted living—all for an affordable entrance payment. At a LifeCare® community such as North Oaks, residents pay for services and health care in an affordable monthly fee rather than on an expensive and sometimes unpredictable a-la-carte basis.
Many communities also offer a choice of financial plans that refund a percentage of the entrance payment to you or your estate, depending on your preference. Simply put, this type of community gives you more value for your dollar without sacrificing peace of mind.
Your residency counselor will make sure you have all the information you need to make smart decisions about the sale of your home. You’ll be able to:
- Choose a real estate agent from a highly skilled group of professionals to ensure you are getting the best representation
- Choose an agent who is a good “fit” for you, as you’ll get two independent opinions and ultimately choose the agent and strategy that works best for you
We work with Moving Station, a team of senior relocation experts who will help you choose a real estate agent from a highly skilled group of professionals to ensure the agent’s strategy aligns with yours and that you are getting the very best representation.
Moving Station will recommend at least two agents visit with you before you make a listing decision. Each agent will complete a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your home, a free analysis that gives you an understanding of the current real estate market and how it impacts the sale of your home.
Your move-in coordinator can provide recommendations for professional organizers and planners as well as movers. They can help evaluate estimates you receive for moving and review the final invoice to ensure you received all the services required at a fair price.
Organizing and simplifying your household is a great way to focus on life’s most important aspects. That’s why experts who specialize in organizing and eliminating clutter are in demand.
A professional organizer/planner can provide hands-on assistance preparing for the transition process, overseeing the details on moving day, and getting settled into your new home. An organizer/planner can help you with space planning, packing, move coordination, document management, unpacking and arranging, effective storage, and decorating. North Oaks can recommend a professional to help organize and rightsize your household!
We promote a personal, attentive, secure approach to helping you become integrated into your new home and life at North Oaks. Every North Oaks resident has the opportunity to choose, participate in, and schedule how services are structured and delivered. The choice, control, and flexibility found at every Life Care Services’ managed community comprise our all-important LifeSTYLE Promise®. This means:
- A resident chooses where and when to dine each day—even in our health center.
- Housekeeping services are scheduled weekly, at times that best fit the resident’s schedule.
- Social, recreational, and cultural activities are planned based on the preferences of the residents.